Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ready to go?

I leave in less than a week and there are only a few things to do: I made my major purchases prior to last year's trip so, short of a few new tubes, a near rear tire, some of those delicious camping meals, maybe a compass and some dishware, I am ready to go.

Now for the route. Got my map the other day in the mail of Southeastern WI, which I think will save us from death by high speed highway. The other possible road blocks will be figuring out how exactly to get back not using the Metra. This may take a few extra days of riding, which could pose a problem with traffic and available camp sites, as it will keep us out past the fourth of July weekend.

There are a few days of wiggle room, which is good. The last day of riding will be the wild card. Have no idea where we will be and where we are going! Guess that's the thrill of touring!

Wondering what the weather will do. It was terribly rainy this past week; now we are in the midst (at 8 PM, mind you) of a heat advisory. I was able to rationalize that I should not take that evening training run, but what about next week we faced with a 70 mile ride, 3 days in, at 90 degree weather?? Ahhh.

No comments: